Friday, June 6, 2008

I LOVE SKULLS!

A majority of my art has a fairly whimsical tone. It may not seem obvious, but I’ve always been a big fan of skulls. That’s why when I discovered “I Want Your Skull” I was thrilled and even more so when they included some of my work on the site.

Since I was very little I always remember being in love with skulls, skeletons, anything anatomical.



Around my studio there’s a variety of skulls.



This is a ceramic sculpture my Dad made when he was in high school art class, it kind of reveals his state of mind around 1951.
This used to be at my grandmother’s house. It was used as a doorstop. When I was a wee lad I was equally freaked out and fascinated by this piece. I will always treasure it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skulls are pretty awesome! I grew fond of them in anatomy and physiology class. My mom finds them morbid :)
I drew this and put it on a shirt, I hope you like it!
Adaria
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72082218/heart-and-mind