Wednesday, December 16, 2009

STATUE OF TAWERET!

I went to Gallery 1988 last night for The Lost Underground Art Project. As always it was a huge seen. People lined up down the block. I understand fans were camped out in front of the gallery 24 hours before the show, wow that is commitment. I was able to see most of the art. I wasn't able to get close to the wall where the custom Statues Of Taweret were being displayed. Check out Viny Pulse for great pics.
The resin statue was sculpted and cast by the talented Julie B.



I wanted to stick to the idea of an aged relic. just push the elements into a darker place. I get all of my rodent skulls from Necromancer,



I get all of my rodent skulls from Necromancer, I believe this one was a Muskrat.


The watch parts are brass when I brush on the copper sulphate which transfoms the parts into the amazing green color. It contrasts with the burnt orange color of the rust.

No comments: