Wednesday, July 14, 2010

MISTER FAST FOODFIGURE FIRST STEP!



The first thing is to take the design and make a rough sketch of the pose and get an idea of the size. I want the finished sculpt to be roughly 6 to 7 inches tall at it's highest point. The hamburger should end up being a bit higher then the head for a more grand animated pose. I traced over the smaller image in the top of the comic page, since it was partially cropped I just guessed the missing parts. I think it will look nice if the cape sweeps around behind him.



With this pic I'll take some of the real features from the Randy face and incorporate them into the caricature. Most times for me it's better not to over sketch and work details out in the sculpt. Next we start slinging some clay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave, I don't know if it's feasible or not, but keep in mind that Randy's "shorts" are cut with scissors so they have that tattered look from the scissor cuts where he cut the legs of the pants off!