Thursday, August 25, 2016

CRATE DIGGER THE LOST ART OF THE ALBUM COVER!

Crate Digger The Lost Art Of The Album Cover, 85 Artists imagine covers for real and fictional albums!  August 20th through Sept 10th  




I made this piece “Dead Monkey”  (The Album) from a logo I was working on that never came to be.   But I really thought it was a compelling image, and ever since I went to Africa I really think Vervet monkeys are JERKS!    

They are mean, they gang up on you, steal your stuff.  When I was walking at a resort alone on a jungle path I was confronted buy one of these Monkeys and some of his asshole friends.   Hissing showing their teeth, I was scared and completely with out a stick or a rock.  So I made my 
self really big and yelled at them, at first they didn’t back down and I remember the travel doctor from the states telling me “Don’t mess with monkeys, one bite or scratch is a trip ender, you will have to go to the nearest big city hospital for treatment.”  So I kept walking towards the group and being loud, finally they dispersed.   As far as I’m concerned the best monkey is dead one.   Check it out available at Gabba Gallery!

No comments: