Monday, March 3, 2008

Jim Henson Honors


I received a few emails while I was away about the Jim Henson Honors Award.
Back in o5 I had the challenge and pleasure of sculpting the character for the award.
The character was a 3-D interpretation of a 2-D Jim Henson doodle of a running fur ball character. Unfortunately the sculpting process was not documented, so I can't really share too much on the creation. The challenge was to get the feeling of motion, and the furry sculpted in a way that it could have the hairy texture, and still be mold friendly when it was turned into a bronze piece.

The end result was very cool, and I'm proud to have been a part of making this unique trophy.





Neil Gaiman was one of this years proud recipients.



I found this picture of the finished prototype on my work table.

No comments: